It was a great opportunity to share with the community how social media is important for networking, raising the visibility of your business and building your personal brand.
- Understand EVERYTHING you share on social media is public information and can be used against you.
Rule of Thumb: If you don't want your employer, pastor or mother reading it then DON'T post it.
- Engage and stay active. Share relevant content, articles and some personal information so people can relate to you.
- Make sure you have a compelling and informative bio.
- Moderate your social media regularly. Be on the lookout for anything negative or profane. The BLOCK button is your friend.
- Complain or make negative comments about your competition, brands, retailers, etc. There is a respectful way to voice a complaint or concern without damaging your own brand.
- Use your business, non profit or ministry page to air out your personal grievances. Keep it relevant and professional.
- Have too many social media accounts. Consolidate your different brands so people have a single point of contact.
P.S. If you need help stepping up your social media game and developing a strategy for your business or non profit email me to set up a consultation!